Monday, December 12, 2011

EDLD 5363 Reflection of Multimedia and Video Technology

I enrolled in Lamar’s Educational Technology Leadership program to further my knowledge in 21st century technology skills and in turn share the information with the teachers in my district. I was very excited about taking Multimedia and Video Technology. I looked forward to creating projects using pictures, audio and video.  During the first week, I was pleasantly surprised that we were assigned the project of creating a personal digital story. I uploaded old photos to Photo Story to celebrate my grandmother’s 100 years of memories. I also learned how to use Audacity to narrate a script for my digital story. Next, I reviewed several different video editing software programs and specifically learned how to use Windows Live Movie Maker. Lastly, I combined all of my new technology skills and created a Public Service Announcement with four other group members. Our group learned how to collaborate using Google Docs, which has proved to be a valuable 21st century skill.
By taking Multimedia and Video Technology, I was able to learn technical information that I can pass on to the teachers in my district. Each technology class that I have taken through Lamar has provided me with new insight of how teachers can integrate specific technology projects with their current lesson plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment