Saturday, December 3, 2011

EDLD 5363: PSA Production

The articles this week were very informative to me because I have not taken a formal class in video editing. I laughed as I read a quote from Marc Peters (2006), “Although perfectly understandable questions, they expose the first faux pas of the video editing newbie... that the editing suite is a magical place that creates professional looking video” (para.1). This quote represents my thoughts before taking this class and reading information regarding video editing. I was under the impression that I needed to spend money on finding the perfect software. Of course, video editing software is not cheap. With the editing tips I am learning from the articles and the practice I am obtaining using free software, I am having fun creating videos without spending any money.

The team members in my group are Portia Alvaro, Sharon Hytnen, Enid Lattier and Keith Cummings. Our public service announcement topic covers Internet safety tips for the home. We have created the script and the shots for the project. We are currently in the process of collecting images that can be used for the final production. In a group project, it is very important that everyone is given the opportunity to participate and that everyone stays informed of the group progress. For our means of collaboration, we are using several Google docs, which has proven to be very valuable in completing our assignment in a timely manner. This week’s articles contained valuable information to those of us who have never taken a class in videography. I liked the helpful quote by Marc Peters (2006), “Get the most out of editing by putting in the best you can get” (Peters, 2006, para.1).

References

Peters, M. (2006, April 18). Shoot to edit: A guide to using your camcorder. Digital Director. Retrieved December 2, 2011, from: http://www.videoforums.co.uk/reviews /features/shoo-to-edit-aguide-to-using%20your%20camcorder-a184.html

No comments:

Post a Comment